Check your inbox!
You should have received an e-mail from the University inviting you to register for Orientation. If you have any issues with the registration process please refer back to this page.
* If you have not received an e-mail from the University, check your spam folder. If you still do not see an e-mail, you may not have paid your enrollment deposit.*
Click on a link below to find out more…
Need Help? This is How You Register for Orientation
1. Pay your Enrollment Deposit in order to receive your Orientation Invitation via e-mail.
2. This is what the e-mail looks like:
- The e-mail will include a very important Username and Password for the student.
3. Click the link in the e-mail. It will take you to the Orientation event registration page, EagleBound.
- It is very important to click “Log In” and enter your Username and Password BEFORE registering.
- You will be prompted to change your password with “Reset Password,” make sure it is something
you will remember!
4. Once you are logged in, go to “My Events/Interviews” in the top right.
5. Under Group Invitations select Orientation.
6. Click the link of the Orientation session you wish to attend. This will take you to a detailed description of the event.
7. Click “Register” to being registration.
8. Complete the form, click “Register” at the bottom of the page.
9. You will automatically be directed to the payment page:
- If you leave your session for too long and it “times out, ” you will need to go back to the event in
EagleBound and click “Register” again from your registration form. Your registration will not be
complete until the payment portion is finalized.
10. After clicking “Continue,” you will be prompted to enter billing information for a credit card or e-check.
11. Once payment is complete you will be redirected to the page below and sent an e-mail receipt of your payment.
12. Please confirm that you received your receipt and save it in your files. If you do not see a receipt, check your spam folder. If you still do not see a receipt call the Office of Student Activities at (540) 654-1444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Orientation Registration”
Correct Payment Information
Did you accidentally pay for Orientation twice? Can your guests no longer attend?
Please e-mail email@example.com for a Overpayment Refund Form.
What Am I Paying For?
Orientation is a great opportunity for you to connect with the University early on and to meet other incoming Freshmen! Not only do you get to attend informational sessions about virtually anything you may be interested in at UMW, but you will get the individual attention from those in head positions in those departments. Student Orientation fees pay for lunch, dinner, breakfast, and lodging for the night in an either Randolph or Mason residence halls (air conditioned). Lodging is included in the student Orientation fees, but not the guest fees. If you would like to view lodging and accommodations in the Fredericksburg area, please refer for our Lodging and Accommodations page where we have special rates for hotels in the area. The student fees also pay for the administrative aspects associated with bringing a new student into the UMW system and the Academic Success Coordinators who will be helping you during the registration process on Day 2 of Orientation. If you have any further questions about the Orientation schedule, please refer to menus at the top of the page to find the schedules.